The CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H are fully programmable BACnet® Building Controllers (BTL B-BC listing pending) communicating on a BACnet® IP Local Area Network. Additionally, these controllers support routing for BACnet® MS/TP and integration support for Modbus® TCP or Modbus® RTU without the use of additional gateways.
The newly released CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H are some of the most advanced BACnet® controllers of their kind, with on-board I/O, optional HOA, multi-protocol support and a range of FLX (Field Level eXpansion) modules, providing Cylon System Integrators with even greater control ﬂexibility.
Features of the CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H
- IP based BTL B-BC -listed (pending)
- Natively supports the routing of BACnet® MS/TP to BACnet® IP
- Supports the new Cylon eXplore touchscreen display and SiteGuide application, configurable via CXproHD
- Supports Cylon's Intelligent Sensor Series
- Up to 64 Points of control through the connection of three FLX (Field Level eXpansion) modules, with an extension to 96 points of control with FLX-PS24 (releasing late 2019) and five FLX modules
- 8 Integral UniPuts™ + Relays included in the controller
- 8 Integral Universal Inputs included in the controller
- 2 Internally Switched Ethernet Ports for connection in Star or Daisy-chain Flexible Wiring Topology
- CBXi-8R8(-H) | Hand/Oﬀ/Auto Local Override Function
- CBXi-8R8(-H) | Integration platform with no gateways or additional hardware required
Built for a wide range of energy management applications, the CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H are designed for intelligent control of HVAC equipment such as Central Plant, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Pump Systems, Air Handling Units (Constant Volume, Variable Air Volume and Multi-zone), Rooftop Units, Electrical systems such as lighting control, variable frequency drives and metering.
Benefits of CBXi-8R8 and CBXi-8R8-H
- Flexibility to expand with modular hardware design
- Reduced diagnostic time
- Eﬃcient commissioning and testing
- Quick & easy installation
- Integration with CBX Series
- BACnet® MS/TP, Modbus RTU integration with Cylon CB Series unitary equipment controllers
- FLX I/O expansion modules are common with the CBX Series
- BACnet® IP Communications: Natively supports the routing of BACnet® MS/TP to BACnet® IP via a dual port Ethernet switch (star or daisy chain topology)
- Supports Cylon’s graphical interfaces: Integrates with new eXplore and existing SiteGuide display, configurable via CXproHD